When parents get involved in their child’s education, everyone benefits. Being involved helps:
There are many ways that children benefit when parents participate in their education.
Studies show that they are more likely to:
· Perform better on standardized test
· Get better grades
· Have good attendance
· Feel better about themselves and about school
· Take challenging classes
· Behave better at school and at home
· Have good social skills
· Continue their education after high school
When parents are involved, teachers may:
· Feel more supported
· Be more satisfied
· Communicate and work better with students, parents and families
Parents also get rewards from being involved in their child’s education.