The following is a list of Louisiana’s Critical Goals and the initiatives they encompass:
- Students enter kindergarten ready to learn.
- Students are literate by third grade.
- Students will enter fourth grade on time.
- Students perform at or above grade level in English Language Arts by eighth grade.
- Students perform at or above grade level in math by eighth grade.
- Students graduate from high school on time.
- Students will enroll in post-secondary education within two years of graduation.
- Students will complete at least one year of college successfully.
- Students will achieve all eight goals, regardless of race or class.