• History

    Bossier Elementary consists of four different buildings on a three-block area piece of property. An old photograph dating back to 1912 shows a two-story framed building on the south side of the property. The School Board tore this structure down after constructing the Main Building on the north side of the property in 1923, which originally housed elementary through high school students. The Primary Building was built directly south of the Main Building in 1928 to help with the expanding population. In 1939, Bossier High School built a new facility on Bearkat Drive, leaving our current property for elementary alone. After the gymnasium's construction in 1955, the school's structure remained the same for fifty years. In 2006, the Administration Building was built, connecting the two older buildings and completing Bossier Elementary as we know it today. 

  • PAST PRINCIPALS

    1912-1916 C. H. Young

    1916-1919 C. C. Kennedy

    1919-1920 V. V. Whittington

    1920-1923 Sam J. Smith 

    1923-1933 C. H. McKennon

    1933-1936 E. L. Reding

    1936-1938 T. L. Rodes

    1938-1940 H. S. Jacks

    (1940 new high school completed)

    1940-1957 William R. Hudson

    1957-1972 R. W. Knight

    1972-1976 Randall Johnson

    1976-1983 William "Bill" Pope

    1983-1984 Martha C. Christy

    1984-1989 Bunny Langston

    1989-2003 Linda Thorn

    2003-2009 Cathleen Johnson

    2009-2014 Ann Wommack

    2014-2018 Treska Mitchell

    2018-2019 Andrew Coleman

    2019-          Dr. Norcha Lacy

Historic Registry plaque
Aerial View with dates