Princeton Patriots About Us

  • A Brief History of Princeton

    Princeton High School had its beginning, early in 1900, on the estate of the late Rev. John Hawkins.  A permanent site was purchased in 1910 and a one room frame building was erected.  From 1940-1964, the school was directed and supervised in its rapid growth under the principalship of Walter H. Martin.  During these years it grew from a four teacher elementary school to a school plant comprising two modern brick classroom buildings for grades one through twelfth, a vocational agriculture building, a canning center, a music center, a visual aid room, two teachers' cottages, a one-thousand seating capacity gymnasium-auditorium, a well lighted athletic field, and a 5,000 gallon water supply tower.  In 1968 and 1969, students at Princeton High School were offered the Freedom of Choice System. Students who wanted to integrate could. There were approximately 50 students during this time who volunteered to attend the Haughton School.  The senior class was able to hold their graduation ceremony at Princeton High School in May 1970. They were the last graduating class of Princeton High School.

    Students: 475

    Grades Servesd 4th and 5th

    Student to Technology Ratio: 1:1

    District: Bossier Parish

    Superintendent: Jason Rowland

    Teachers: 30

    Report Card Grade: B

    School Type: Public