Welcome to the Bossier Schools Virtual Learning Program. We have learned that the best virtual programs require continuous student engagement, weekly communication, and accountability for the teachers, students, and parents. The Bossier Schools Virtual Learning Program has been established to enhance the learning experience for high school students residing in the Bossier Parish school district offering the opportunity to learn in a non-traditional classroom setting. This virtual classroom community is an interactive learning environment that is student-centered and academically individualized to build educational capacity.
Bossier Schools Virtual Learning Program is uniquely designed to include/allow:
- Bossier Parish high school students select the 100% virtual option remaining enrolled in their zoned (home) Bossier Parish school.
- Bossier Parish high school students select a dynamic hybrid option offering the student specific and unique face-to-face courses part of the day on the campus of Bossier High School.
- Continuous parent monitoring through OnCourse. While also taking core classes online.
- An academic calendar that follows the Bossier Parish School District calendar including holidays and breaks.
- Lessons, assignments, quizzes, projects, and tests are completed in a distance learning environment through Edgenuity.
Bossier Schools Virtual Learning Program seeks to provide an alternative path through a non-traditional approach of individualized, rigorous, standards-based instruction through a distance learning platform to help students achieve content mastery and academic success.
Bossier Virtual Learning Program will provide a strong distance learning classroom while providing the academic backdrop and support system needed to help every student achieve his/her fullest potential.
Bossier Parish Schools
We EMPOWER All Through...Engagement | Motivation | Purpose | Opportunities | Welcoming | Excellence | Relationships
WIN the Day; Every Student, Every Way
Bossier Parish Schools Social/Emotional Learning
Our mission for our students is to develop the social emotional skills of self- awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision making.
The Bossier Parish School Board is an inclusive, equitable, and safe community committed to cultivating individuals who are compassionate, confident, resilient, and motivated life long learners.