Dress code Guidelines
Guidelines for uniforms include but are not limited to the following items.
* Sagging is prohibited at all times.
* Students are required to wear an appropriately sized belt, and shirts must be tucked in at all times.
* No body piercing (nose, tongue, eyebrow, etc.).
* No large jewelry, chains, beads, etc., for boys or girls. No grills, or other types of metal mouthpieces will be worn.
* Females may wear earrings. Only bottom earlobe piercings are allowed for female students. All other body piercingsare prohibited. Males are allowed to wear stud earring. All other types of body piercing are prohibited.
* Earbuds and headphones are to be removed before entering the campus and are not to be worn around campus. They can only be used by teacher discretion for classroom use. Failure to follow this guideline could result in the confiscation of the earbuds and headphones by school staff.
* Bows, scarves, or headbands that are oversized or distracting as deemed by the administration are not allowed.
* Any visible tattoo that is deemed inappropriate by the administration must be covered by clothing or bandage.
* Any style of personal grooming representative of gang membership or that attracts undue attention will be prohibited.
* Controversial slogans or writings on items of clothing, notebooks and backpacks are prohibited. Students are not allowed to sign t-shirts that are worn at school.
* Inappropriately cut or torn clothing is not allowed.
* Items of apparel or jewelry which distract from the instructional program, or those which present a safety hazard are not allowed. No chains (large chains, dog chains, billfold chains) or no large belt buckles will be allowed.
* No hats, bandanas, sweatbands or “do rags” are to be worn or brought to school. Stocking caps will only be allowed on cold weather days as determined by the Administration. Stocking caps cannot be worn in the building.
* No tinted hair or spray coloring of unnatural color which draws attention will be allowed.
* Facial hair (mustaches, beards, goatees, and long sideburns) is not allowed.
* No spiked hair which is extreme in length or style so that it draws attention away from the learning environment. No Mohawk haircuts are allowed. No bangs hanging down covering eyes. No distracting designs are to be shaved into haircuts.
* No make-up, body art, etc. that draws undue attention as determined by the administration
* No gloves or rags wrapped around hands. No rags hanging out of pockets.
* Fanny packs are not allowed on campus. Backpacks and purses are acceptable.