Jump Start is Louisiana’s innovative career and technical education (CTE) program. Jump Start prepares students to lead productive adult lives, capable of continuing their education after high school while earning certifications in high-wage career sectors.
Students are required to attain industry-promulgated, industry-valued credentials in order to graduate with a Career Diploma. (Jump Start is an elective path for students pursuing a university-preparatory diploma.)
Schools receive the same accountability grade credit for preparing students for careers in high-demand job sectors as they do for students who achieve top academic honors.
Learn More About Jump Start Links:
- Louisiana Believes Jump Start Homepage
- Learn About Jump Start
- Jump Start Industry Credential Fact Sheets
- Jump Start Workplace Internship Resources
- Jump Start Virtual Workplace Experience Resources
- Learn About New Generation Career Readiness Resources - Quest for Success
- Jump Start Students with Disabilities Resources
- Learn about Policy, Funding, and Program Implementation
- Jump Start Resources Library
Jump Start 1.0 or Jump Start 2.0?
Students who are sophomores, juniors, or seniors during the 2021-2022 school year will follow the Jump Start 1.0 pathways. Students who are freshman during the 2021-2022 school year or entering high school after the 2021-2022 school year will follow the Jump Start 2.0 pathways.