New Student Registration
Bossier Parish Schools new student registration for the 2023/24 school year will be available starting July 10, 2023. The entire registration process can be completed online at your convenience. Please note that the parent/guardian who completes the new student online registration will need to have a valid email account.
All parents/guardians will need a valid email to complete student registration for the school year. If you do not have an email address, you can create one using this Google link. You can access the email with the Google Gmail App on your phone.
This registration is for new students. A new student is considered any student that does not currently have a Bossier Schools enrollment or any student that is moving attendance zones. If school is currently not in session (summer), this also includes any student that DID NOT complete the previous school year at a Bossier Parish school.
Use the School Finder to look up the attendance boundaries for your address. PDF maps and Google Map overlays of attendance zones can also be found here.
Prepare the following documents in digital format (preferred format is an original pdf or scanned copy, otherwise a high-resolution picture) to be uploaded in the secure portal:
- Photo ID (Driver’s license, State issued ID, or Military ID)
- Student’s original, state-issued birth certificate. Certificate of Live Birth not accepted.
- Current Louisiana Immunization Record (example)
- Two Proofs of Residence with your name and address
- One (1) current utility bill showing the physical address for service within the District; AND
- One (1) of the following that shows the location of residence within the District:
- Property tax records; or
- Mortgage documents or property deed; or
- Apartment or home lease or, if no lease, a Declaration of Residency Form (forms are available at each school site and must be completed in person)
- If the student resides with a legal guardian (court-appointed) the court decree must be provided.
- Social Security card (not required, but highly recommended)
- For students entering grades 1-12: most recent report card/withdrawal slip from the previous school. High school transcript (if applicable).
Visit the secure registration portal [link will be active on July 10th] to begin new student registration. For detailed instructions, view our step-by-step guide [link will be active on July 10th].
After you submit your registration, office staff from your school will process the form. If additional information is needed, your school will contact you either by email or phone.
Some common questions with answers can be found on our FAQ page. For additional questions about online registration, including document requirements, please contact your child’s zoned school.