Bossier Schools PreK
The Creative Curriculum for PreSchool
Creative Curriculum is a reseach-based curriculum. Early Childhood professionals make decisions about the children on the basis of information about:
- child development and how children learn
- the individual strengths, needs, and interests of each child
- the cultures of each child’s family and community
The Creative Curriculum for Preschool is founded on five fundamental principles. They guide practice and help us understand the reasons for intentionally setting up and operating preschool programs in particular ways. These are the principles:
- Positive interactions and relationships with adults provide a critical foundation for successful learning.
- Social-emotional competence is a significant factor in school success.
- Constructive, purposeful play supports essential learning.
- The physical environment affects the type and quality of learning interactions.
- Teacher-family partnerships promote development and learning.
Teaching Strategies Gold - Student Assesment
Every PreK student is assessed with Teaching Strategies Gold. Teachers teach and students are observed on objectives for development and learning that are predictors of school success, based on school readiness standards. Ask your child's teacher to share how your child is making progress on these objectives.