A parent - teacher conference is a meeting with your child's teacher to share important information about your child.
You're both experts. You know your child better than anyone else. Your child's teacher has special training and experiences with many different children.
Showing an interest in your child's school life can help them:
- have a positive attitude toward learning and school
- feel proud of achievements
- do their best in school
Make the most of your conference.
- Use the time wisely.
- Listen carefully--and ask questions.
- Look for the positive.
- Work to understand each other.
- Have a respectful conversation.
- Develop an action plan.