Bossier Elementary Parent Involvement Plan
A positive, productive interaction between the home, the school and the community is important for the continued success of Bossier Elementary. The staff at Bossier Elementary is dedicated to offering parents a variety of opportunities to get to know their child’s school, and to work hand in hand with its teachers in educating children.
- Parents are invited to participate in school functions, such as Open House, Field Day, and Family Fun Night.
- The school web page is updated regularly and important school activity dates are posted on the school’s marquee.
- Parents are regularly informed of their child’s academic progress and participation in the school-wide Positive Behavior Support Plan through weekly take home folders, phone calls, emails, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Parents are informed by letter/conference when their child is invited to participate in additional programs such as ABC Tutoring, YEP, other academic interventions, and after school tutorial programs.
- The school counselor encourages communication between home and school, seeking to involve families in the educational process and providing feedback to the school on family issues.
- Every family is given and signs a student handbook and parent compact stating school and parish guidelines.
- Within the first few weeks of the opening of school, families are invited to an Open-House to welcome parents, explain classroom policies/procedures, and convey academic and Positive Behavior Support expectations.
- Parents are invited to volunteer to assist in various capacities throughout the school.