What are the expectations for the students?
- Students may only use the District provided chromebook to complete all academic and educational endeavors. Personal use will not be permitted.
- Students are required to be active participants and complete assignments each day in Edgenuity.
- Students MUST attend the teacher's live office hours each week. Students are required to engage in meaningful, two-way communication with their teacher(s) each week. This is a mandatory requirement.The teacher and student will determine the scheduled time each week. Students will be expected to log on and reach out to the teacher when they have any questions or concerns.
- Students will need to contact their teacher(s) when they need additional help or lesson clarification.
- Students must make adequate progress each week and maintain the pace of the course.
- Students must attend in person and participate in all state and district mandated assessments.
- Students will adhere to all Bossier Parish dress code policies during all live interaction.
- Students are required to follow the Bossier Schools expected student behaviors and acknowledge that students will be disciplined according to this policy.
- Students are expected to follow all parish guidelines when referring to technology acceptable use and its policy. Proper behavior as it relates to the use of computers is no different than proper behavior in other aspects of school life. All users are expected to use technology in a responsible, ethical, and polite manner. Bossier Parish Schools reserves the right to monitor all technology activity.
- Students will continue to follow and maintain all expectations contained in the acceptable use policy and are responsible for content posted through login and account activity. Sharing or using usernames and passwords with others or using other’s usernames and passwords is strictly prohibited. Students will utilize Clever for all logins and passwords.
- It is expected that students keep online interactions positive and constructive at all times.
Hybrid - Additional Expectations
- Students selecting the hybrid pathway will be expected to complete the additional one-page application including the required essay. The committee will review the application to determine if the student will benefit from this program.
- If approved, the student will enroll at Bossier High School for the academic year.
- The student MUST attend a minimum of one face-to-face course on campus and must adhere to attendance requirements. Thi means the student must attend class every day.
- The student will be able to complete his/her schedule with virtual courses that may be completed at home each school day.