REGISTERING YOUR CHILD
All Bossier Parish students and new students must complete the registration process online. Parents will not need to go to the current schools to register their children. All documents will need to be obtained before you start the online registration process.
You will need copies of the following documents:
- Photo ID (driver’s license, state issued ID, or military ID)
- Student’s original, state-issued birth certificate. A certificate of Live Birth is not acceptable.
- Current Louisiana Immunization Record
- Two Proofs of Residence with your name and address
- One (1) current utility bill showing the physical address for service within the District
- One (1) of the following showing the location of residence within the District:
- Property tax records; or
- Mortgage documents or property deed; or
- Apartment or home lease or, if no lease, a Declaration of Residence Form
- If the student resides with a legal guardian (court-appointed person), a court decree must be provided.
- Social Security card (not required, but highly recommended)
- Previous school records - for students entering grades 1-12; most recent report card/withdrawal slip from the previous school. High school transcript (if applicable)
Military families residing on Barksdale Air Force Base - Base housing will issue a letter (statement) affirming the family lives on the base and does not have the required utility bill and/or mortgage or lease. This document will be uploaded two times under the "Proof of Residency" section of the online registration portal.
After the registration is completed and submitted, office staff from your zoned school will finalize the registration and reach out to the family.
Special Education Record Request - If your student has a current 1508 IEP, please submit the student's most current IEP and evaluation to our Evaluation Center at 2600 Viking Drive, Bossier City. This will allow our Special Education department to request your child's records from his/her previous school. These records will be reviewed by our Pupil Appraisal department to determine the best placement for your child.