Resources for Military Families and the Community
- Barksdale Air Force Youth Center: The youth center located on Barksdale Air Force Base works with our military families to provide opportunities along with after-school services for the students of military families.
- Barksdale Airman and Family Readiness Center: This site provides information about the services offered to families stationed at Barksdale.
- Military Kids Connect: User friendly and full of resources for military students, their parents, and educators to support military students with their unique needs.
- Sesame Street for military children: Great website offering several videos and lessons to help military students cope with their special needs.
- Military One Source: Website full of great resources for all members of a military family.
- The Department of Defense Education Activity: The Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) provides education and resources to more than 84,000 eligible DoD military and civilian children in 194 schools.
- Field Guide for Military Teens: Document supporting military teens and the daily challenges military teens face.
- Making a Compact: The Military Interstate Children’s Compact Commission (MIC3) website is designed to better inform the public about the Interstate Compact for Educational Opportunities for Military Children and serve the needs of the families of service men and women.
- Discounts for Military Families: Military families have a lot to deal with - emotionally, logistically, and financially. What benefits are out there for military families to make life a bit easier for them? Where can they find discounts and deals? We've created this helpful financial guide aimed specifically to help military family members learn about the different resources, federal programs, retail discounts, and deals for dependents of U.S. soldiers.