The Bossier High School parents, teachers, and staff have adopted a mandatory uniform policy in accordance with the BPSB.
Standards relative to dress at school are formulated to provide direction and guidance to the student body.
Students should dress in a manner not to create safety/ health hazards, or cause any disruptive influence on other students in and around the school. Students and their clothing should be neat, clean, and well-groomed and meet the following guidelines. The administration may restrict the reasonable manner of dress or length of hair when it pertains to the health/safety of a student in the teacher’s classroom area when performing a lab-type activity.
The following guidelines apply to all students:
TOPS: Shirts must be worn tucked in and fit appropriately
- Solid navy, white, black or forest green polo shirts
(short or long sleeve)
- white undershirts
- Solid white or light blue oxford shirts (short or long sleeve)
- Bossier High School issued/purchased spirit shirts (not those bought outside of school)
Prohibited Items: V-neck shirts at any time!!!
BOTTOMS: Pants must be proper size; no sagging and belts are to be worn with pants designed with belt loops
- Solid navy, black or khaki pants, skirts, shorts or skorts (no shorter than 4” above the knee)
- Cargo shorts and pants
- Spandex or tights
- joggers, skinny pants, jeggings, warm up or sweatpants
OUTERWEAR: Improper jackets will be confiscated and returned to parent. Hoods are prohibited in the buildings.
- Solid navy, black, gray, or green sweatshirts or jackets
- School spirit or letter jackets/sweaters
- White, black, or green Bossier High issued beanie caps will be allowed during cold weather. These are not to be worn in the
- Sweatshirts or jackets that are any color other than those mentioned above
- Sweatshirts or jackets that have large emblems or logos of any kind or color
- Blankets are not considered outerwear and are not to be brought to school
SHOES: Shoes must not exceed 1 inch in height and must have a back. Quiet shoes are preferable and conducive to learning
- Athletic or casual shoes of any style or color as long as it is appropriate for wear and usage.
- house shoes, slippers, or thong flip-flops
Continued list of PROHIBITED ITEMS AND STYLES
- Body piercings other than ears (Hoop earrings for males)
- Notched eyebrows,
- tearing, ripping, or cutting hems, sleeves, or body of garment
- writing on belts
- inappropriate slogans on clothing of any kind
- dental grills
- Distracting apparel and jewelry including: Bunny, Hooters, marijuana leaves, and other earrings that have a negative
- headgear including caps, bandannas, stocking caps, doo-rags, hair rollers, hair bonnets, and hoods from hoodies
- exposed controversial tattoos
- picks and combs in the hair
- Satanic, cult or gang related symbols of any kind
- Ethnic or racial symbols of any kind
Students are permitted to bring book bags to school. Drug, satanic, cult, gang related symbolism, profanity or obscenity writings or
drawings are prohibited on book bags. Book bags are considered an extension of the lockers and can be subject to search at any time.
DRESS CODE DISCLAIMER
A student’s appearance that detracts from or disrupts the classroom is a violation of the dress code policy. Students found to be in
violation of the appropriate dress attire will contact a parent to bring appropriate clothing. The school will attempt to provide the
student with clothing to meet dress code requirements before a parent is contacted. These items are on loan to facilitate students’
return to class. Items need to be returned at the end of the school day. Any jacket, piercings, or other prohibited dress code items will
be confiscated and returned to the parents.
The administration shall make the final decision of what is considered proper/improper in appearance and has the discretion to adjust
the dress code to fit unique situations including homecoming, spirit days, PBIS and others.
Items having Bossier High School on them are not necessarily in compliance with the BHS dress code.
***contact an administrator before purchasing***