PLAIN DEALING HIGH SCHOOL DRESS CODE POLICY
Dress Code Policy
All students are expected to follow dress code policy. Students should wear uniforms that are in good condition and fit appropriately. Uniforms that are torn or unsewn will need to be repaired or replaced before being worn to school. Students must follow the dress code to enter class. It is the responsibility of the parents and/or students to purchase only uniforms that meet all the requirements of the school’s dress code.
- Red, white or black short/long sleeve polo shirts.
- Red, white or black short/long sleeve Oxford shirts.
- Shirts may have a manufacturer label
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- Red, white or black short/long sleeve crew neck or turtleneck undershirts can be worn under uniform tops.
- Plain Dealing High School issued spirit shirts (school colors) may be worn any day
- Other Spirit shirts to be worn on ONLY specified days.
- Girls: Black or khaki skirts, shorts, skorts, capris or pants.
- Boys: Black or khaki shorts or pants
- Pants must not drag the ground and must fit the waist appropriately
- No carpenter, painter, cargo, drawstring, corduroy, denim (or denim like), knit, spandex bottoms
- Skirts and shorts must be no shorter than a 5” inseam.
- Must be worn with all uniforms
- Must be visible and buckled
- Must fit all loops and not hang down
- Must not display any offensive wording or pictures
- All shoes must have a secure back
- No rubber, plastic, beach, shower or house shoes may be worn.
- Shoes must be worn at all times
- Socks are not required.
- Solid red, navy or black jackets and/or sweatshirts
- School issued hoodie
- Approved spirit or letter jackets
- All other jackets may be worn outside
- Labels shall not exceed 2”x2”
- Non-uniform jackets worn inside will be confiscated.
ADDITIONAL DRESS CODE POLICIES:
The following list is provided to assist in clarifying the dress code policy:
- Gang, sex, drug, and racist-related dress or symbols will not be allowed.
- Items of apparel, jewelry, and cosmetics that detract from the instructional program or present a safety hazard are not allowed.
- Blankets are not allowed in the classroom.
- Caps, hats, stocking caps, sweatbands, visors, bandanas, doo-rags, or other head coverings are not allowed. Hairbands worn to keep hair in place are allowed.
- Students may not wear hair picks, combs, brushes, or hair rollers in their hair.
- No dental grills are allowed.
- Boys may wear small earrings.
- No sunglasses are allowed in the buildings.
- No distracting body piercing will be allowed at any time.
- No distracting hairstyles or colors will be allowed.
- No exposed controversial tattoos are allowed.
- Boys may have facial hair as long as it is neatly trimmed and well-groomed. Boys are allowed to wear braids as long as braids are worn in a neatly groomed style.
STUDENTS ARE TO BE DRESS CODE COMPLIANT WHILE RIDING ON ALL SCHOOL BUSES.
DRESS CODE VIOLATIONS: THE ADMINISTRATION RESERVES ALL RIGHTS OF JUDGMENT ON DRESS CODE VIOLATIONS. Students who are out of dress code will be assigned lunch detention if the problem can be corrected immediately or sent to GASP until proper attire is brought to school. We are confident that uniforms have a very positive impact on our school.
Physical Education Uniform Requirements
- Solid red short/long sleeve shirt or sweatshirt
- Solid black gym shorts or sweatpants
- Appropriate athletic/tennis shoes.
- Students may lock up valuables during PE if needed. School is not responsible for any items left in the dressing room.