Platt Elementary Dress Code for 2023-2024
The school colors are red, white, and navy. Platt t-shirts, sweatshirts, and jackets may be purchased throughout the year online through Oasis Printing, Inc. The following guidelines will apply to all students. Parent help and cooperation will be greatly appreciated. Violation of this policy will result in disciplinary action from the administration.
● Tops – Plain white, red, or navy polo shirts. Spirit shirts sold by Platt may be worn daily. Shirts must be tucked in.
● Bottoms – Navy or khaki pants or shorts in uniform style. No cargo pants/shorts. No corduroy. No jean type material even if color is correct.
● Tops – Plain white, red, or navy polos or white sailor or peter pan collared shirts.No trim on collars. Spirit shirts sold by Platt may be worn daily. Shirts must be tucked in.
● Bottoms – Navy or khaki uniform style shorts, pants, skirts, capris, jumpers, or skorts. No extra pockets, ruffles, or decorations. Bloomers/shorts should be worn under jumpers and skirts. No cargo pants/shorts. No corduroy. No jean type material even if color is correct. Leggings must be plain white, navy, gray, or red.
● Plaid #37 style 194 Royal Park in skirts, skorts, or jumpers may also be worn.
● Dresses-(Polo dresses) Solid white, red, or navy
Other Uniform Rules:
● Belts – Must be worn every day if the clothing has belt loops. Belts should be brown, black, navy, red, or khaki.
● Shoes – must be closed toe rubber sole shoes. No flip flops, slip on shoes, crocs, sandals, cleats, or shoes with wheels. Students go to P.E. and recess every day.
● Sweaters- SOLID red, SOLID navy, or SOLID white cardigans may be worn.
● Coats/Jackets – ALL coats and jackets must be in SOLID colors of NAVY, RED, GRAY, or BLACK. Platt sells a uniform jacket early in the year. ● Sweatshirts – in SOLID colors of navy, red, or the current school sponsored sweatshirt.
● Undershirts – Navy, red, or white long or short sleeved and may only be worn under a uniform shirt. Turtlenecks may not be worn alone.
● Earrings – Girls should not wear dangly earrings to school.
● Hair style and color should not cause distraction or disruption at school. NO MOHAWKS or unnatural hair colors. Hair accessories should be school colors. No bandanas, scarves, head coverings (unless religious), or hats.