Bossier Parish Parent Education Center
The purpose of the Parent Center is to serve as a resource for parents in order to encourage and support children in their academic, emotional, and social growth. The Center is designed to provide learning experiences for parents and family members to work more effectively with their children to bridge home and school learning.
Parents can receive information, instructional materials, personal assistance, training, and other support to provide the best education possible for children.
Teachers and students may also take advantage of the Center's activities and resources. A monthly calendar of activities is made available for parents to remain informed of activities in which they may choose to participate.
The Parent Center is open to all parents and family members who have children enrolled in Title 1 Schools and non-Title Schools in the Bossier Parish School System.
Educational Materials are Available at the PARENT CENTER for Checkout
PK – 12th Grade Materials:
- Laminated Alphabet,
- Reading, Math, Writing Prompts and
- Homework Practice Skills Sheets,
- Word Building Vocabulary Dominoes, Story Starters,
- Rhyming Words, Sight Words, Basic Skills Puzzles,
- Valuable websites to increase students’ academic skills
- Flash cards (addition, subtraction, multiplication & division),
- Fraction Pieces, FlashMaster (math tables), Math Family Games
- Self-Esteem Videos, Pamphlets, (Anger Management, Special ED.)
- Children popular literature fiction and non-fiction Books with DVD
- iPad 2, LeapPad, Chromebooks,
- Laptop Computers & Study Buddy
- Reading / Math PlayStation/Software
- (Blue’s Clues, Disney, Jump Start)
- Free Computer classes for Parents and Mavis Beacon Typing
- High School ACT/SAT practice Tests / Books
- HiSET (GED) Practice Test / Books
- Assistance in writing resume, online job searching
Parents may bring their child to the Center after school to receive extra enrichment in reading & math activities.