What are the student residency verification requirements for registration?
ALL students must submit the following in order to be enrolled in the Bossier Parish School District:
- One (1) current utility bill showing the physical address for service within the District; AND
- One (1) of the following that shows the location of residence within the District:
- Property tax records; or
- Mortgage documents or property deed; or
- Apartment or home lease or, if no lease, a Declaration of Residence Form
- If the student resides with a legal guardian (court-appointed) the court decree must be provided.
ALL students residing with or without a parent /legal guardian in the residence of another adult (1) may submit the documentation listed above to show that the residence is owned or leased by that other adult AND (2) both parent/legal guardian and the property owner/lessee must sign a federal court declaration provided by the school.
If these documents are not available or cannot be readily verified, the registration will be referred to the Residency Verification Committee which may conduct an investigation, including but not limited to an unannounced home visit, to confirm residency for assignment to the proper attendance zone school.
Students without a verified residency within the school’s attendance zone will be temporarily enrolled pending a residency determination by the Residency Verification Committee. In that case, further notice will be provided.
ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION.
For further information: See Board Policy JBC and/or call Yolanda Jefferson 549-5037 or Courtney Harvey 549-5034